Monday 1 August 2011

Shameless Broadcast of a Road Trip-5


Familiar roads familiar sides,
some hours, they pass by,
smooth drive this stretch but a bumpy ride,
I say, let’s stop for a chai,
and here, somewhere here, used to be an old enterprise?
Taste in the tea always a trucker’s delight,
such good it puts glints on any tired eyes.
We find the shop after a few roads, distance and sighs,
Hey!, it has been a long time,
Sorry but because of monkey god today no chai,
we say, we don’t mind and stretch in the vacant dukaan for a while
the fleeting moment it passes by,
He says wait now I recall, squeezes his head, his mind he applies,
I say yeah, a smile and then quickly a good bye,
He looks with his little wet eyes,
now recollecting all years that have gone by,
saying do stop by when you come again this side,
I say, sure maybe but not now,
for
Time is to me. Space it’s unto you.

No comments: