Tuesday 26 July 2011

Shameless Broadcast of a Road Trip-3


The Banas king waiting outside said coffee will be fine,
for I don’t drink either whisky nor chai.
The two shots’d already given me a nice high,
crazy villager I thought would not recognize,
but he did not drink the cup I said was chai.
Never mind the road is smooth,
The hard working chief’s gift,
He calls it’s for you, your brothers,
the state the whole nation.
Rather anyone I am so open,
so come out in the open,
the road all yours,
walk, sit on it, buy a car if you can,
but Banas king has some other notions,
sees beautiful girls asking for lift,
give them sahib if you can,
Can’t, I said my friend,
This is Mehsana and there are too many of them,
and,
Time is to me. Space it’s unto you.

1 comment:

etlamatey said...

Nice : "Time is to me....".

Perhaps some fota can be added to make it a shameless verse-visual broadcast.