Tuesday 2 June 2015

A short play on Service Tax Increase to 14%.

Since you have increased service tax , to now 14%, rather than efficiency of government you may be causing increase in corruption in government. Think about it, executing a government task has become more easier and flexible with more money which will be coming in.

Now are you going to teach me how to run the government Mr. Someone Smarty?

No no sir (shrugs) the Government is yours. I have nothing to do with it. I am just passing by, I noticed, so I told you. Can you see most people of your country operate in the informal service sector? Oh, you do! Can you see more people joining informal service sector? Oh! do you? Can you see people trying to break into formal service sector with genuineness? Do you? Probably, you could have reduced taxes to make things better for most of your people, and made your operators more accountable in the process. 

Ah ok, now that this has nothing much to do with you, you are a well to do guy, can you can just shut up and mind your own private businesses.

I don't run a private business Mr. Prime, do you?

No comments: